Air pocket trap

Nujuju299
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I had been watching Blitz playing in the Occupational Upgrade when he noticed his duplicants were suffocating and just running in circles on 2 tiles, which happened repeatedly too. After the ranching update, yesterday, I had the exact same issue, granted not his base. It's just a theory, and I'm sorry to say all I have is a screenshot from my moment, and I don't even remember which video of Blitz' it was.

I think what's happening here is all the oxygen got trapped by the carbon dioxide, and the duplicant, who is suffocating, is trying to reach the oxygen but cannot, and is running in circles. Multiple dupes would get stuck here, I had to tell them to move into the base to rescue them, and dug out the little bit that blocked the oxygen from escaping. No more suffocating after that. Not from that pocket, anyways.

I don't think the oxygen could actually reach the duplicant, it was polluted, and about 100g of the oxygen. It may have also been playing with the duplicant, trying to keep the dupe from getting oxygen to breath. Sorry again, that that's the only screenshot I have.

20180324170604_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Have a pocket of air, about 100g or so, lots of unbreathable gas (carbon dioxide) and maybe a solid block to make a pocket just out of reach of the duplicant. Dupes may endlessly chase the small pocket of air when suffocating. Probably a variable but easily reproducible effect.
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.