A Few Small Things

allfornon
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I noted a few minor bugs I ran into:

Animation loops are super common after the Expressive upgrade. Usually solved by Dupes being forced to take new action, either manually or automatically (hypothermia, suffocation, schedule). These is usually the 'greet a friend' animation roulette, but can also be the congratulatory one, though they seem to be able to move in stutter steps in the latter loop.

I noticed Pacu would get stuck where a tile was after it was destroyed.. I had a fish feeder in my polluted water reservoir, it filled up more, I moved the feeder, and the Pacu became stuck in the exact block the feeder base was in. This also happened with regular tile, and a few times at complete random. Disturbing the water or reloading fixes this, though. (Disturbing the water being displacing it, as in placing a new tile in the water)

One that took me by surprise was when a Destructive dupe beat his head into a wall. The wall was due for a replacement tile (regular to airflow) and he broke the regular tile to raw material, but left the airflow errand in place. However, when the architect came by, he took much less time to perform the errand, but didn't actually complete it, just threw some junk at it and left. The errand was left (white outline and all) but was uncompletable. Cancelling the errand and reassigning it fixed the problem.

One that I'm not sure is a glitch has to do with estimated breath time calculations. If a dupe will almost run out of breath before reaching an object/errand (esp. underwater), it will flag that object/errand as unreachable. But, if you send a dupe as far underwater as they will go, they will often be able to reach the object/errand. However, they will not believe they can go back, and can get stranded very easily.

One that's sort of tied to that is a weird dupe sleep location bug. They'll have a bed, get stranded, get flagged with 'Unreachable Bed,' but then proceed to dig themselves out. Afterwards, however, they will still act as if their bed is unreachable and will return to the spot where they were stranded and sleep there, regardless of atmosphere. Some can be very stubborn, and I had one refuse to leave his sleeping puddle so badly that I just let him get hypothermia.

I'm not really sure the next is a bug, or just **** luck, but I have had so many dupes just try to die. I have to watch my miners like a hawk, in case they run up a cliff and then dig out the stairs. I had one today that made me convinced that dupes have a deathwish. He was digging out a thin spit of land that terminated in a natural rock wall I didn't want to destroy. Where the spit met the wall was a step that led onto the wall, and if mined away, would leave a dupe stranded on a wall that i had no desire (nor capability, at the time) to mine away. Thankfully, I caught him and saved him, but it happens very frequently that dupes will just put themselves, almost intentionally, in a spot where it's either impossible or very tedious to save them.

I have seen others, though, that are not suicidal, but instead extremely sadistic, stealing other's food while they starve, building tiles on top of their heads, sealing them behind walls, just awful things. I don't suppose this is much of a glitch, but other dupes seeming to be mischievous, doing things out of the order I'd really like (all priorities equal, will leave job unfinished and go do something else), or finding the most asinine reasons to tale forever on a task, like going to deliver, being unable to breathe, dropping item, going to deliver, being unable to breathe, etc. And all of these behaviors are stange, sure, but what makes it really weird is that they each dupe tends to exhibit only one set of traits if any. If this is intentional, well played, if not, I'm glad this is the emergence of Ai, petty squabbling amongst itself instead of attempting to enslave humanity.

One last bug is when you build a pipe through a tile building (farm tile, fish feeder), it seems to have a chance to break the building. It's not efvery time, and it didn't seem to matter what kind of pipe, and though liquid is more common in my dataset, I just tend to use less gas pipes, so I don't think that's indicative of any trend.

P.S. Output log MIA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Steps to Reproduce
I tried to include these in each description, will happily attempt to clarify any.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.