"Galvanized" Tooltips Isn't Clear About When The Word Is Removed Off Cards

BlackMagicAngel
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I had this boss that made all of my cards get the "Galvanized" keyword, but it tooltips saying that the keyword is supposed to be removed when that card is discarded, whether it be at end-of-turn, playing it, or discarding it through another card's effect.

However, even after the cards touches the discard pile, it still keeps the keyword, even though it's supposed to be gone from the card itself. Also, the tooltip isn't clear if it only gets removed after the card is played, or if it should also cleared at the end of the turn when it goes to the discard pile.

(In summary, it's tooltip says "Galvanized is removed when this card goes to the discard pile, and I still say that keyword on the affected cards in the discard pile. Picture #2 should show that.)

Screenshot (1224).png

Screenshot (1225).png

Steps to Reproduce

Fight the boss until he gives you that effect, don't play the "Galvanized" cards when they are added in your hand, and check the discard pile afterwards to see if the word is removed.

User Feedback

So I tested it a little bit. Looks like the wording is a little weird. What they meant was that you have to discard a galvanized card with a card effect. Such as using Battle Scars (https://griftlands.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Scars); "Battle Scars is a 1-cost Uncommon Maneuver card for Sal. The player discards his hand and gains 2 Defense and 2 Counter for each card discarded. This card is Expended."

Just allowing the card to discard at the end of your turn does nothing. So you sorta have to get a card that can discard for this fight to be a little bit easier.

Hope that helps!

Share this comment

1 hour ago, yosback said:

So I tested it a little bit. Looks like the wording is a little weird. What they meant was that you have to discard a galvanized card with a card effect. Such as using Battle Scars (https://griftlands.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Scars); "Battle Scars is a 1-cost Uncommon Maneuver card for Sal. The player discards his hand and gains 2 Defense and 2 Counter for each card discarded. This card is Expended."

Just allowing the card to discard at the end of your turn does nothing. So you sorta have to get a card that can discard for this fight to be a little bit easier.

Hope that helps!

In that case, should the 2nd sentence of that tooltip say "Galvanized is removed from this card when it is played, or when it is discarded by another's card effect. It will not be removed if it is discarded at the end of your turn due to end-of-turn discarding."

That might help clear up that confusion with the tooltips.

Also, do any of the staff from Klei also comment here on these forums about bugs, and do you work for them, since you replied to my bug here? (I just joined the forums this week, hence why I'm asking)?

Finally, if you discard a card with "Galvanized" with another card's effect, will that trigger "Volatic" or not? (I think it shouldn't, since the tooltip says that "Volatic" only activates when the card is played, not when it's discarded.)

Edited by BlackMagicAngel

Share this comment

35 minutes ago, BlackMagicAngel said:

In that case, should the 2nd sentence of that tooltip say "Galvanized is removed from this card when it is played, or when it is discarded by another's card effect. It will not be removed if it is discarded at the end of your turn due to end-of-turn discarding."

That might help clear up that confusion with the tooltips.

Also, do any of the staff from Klei also comment here on these forums about bugs, and do you work for them, since you replied to my bug here? (I just joined the forums this week, hence why I'm asking)?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

I don't work for them. I also haven't seen them respond at all, but I'm not on here often. I was checking up on my thread and saw yours.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, yosback said:

I don't work for them. I also haven't seen them respond at all, but I'm not on here often. I was checking up on my thread and saw yours.

I can see that. I wanted to ask since you tested the bug, and I thought you were with the same of the company. Sorry for asking.

It would be nice if someone from the company thought does response to posts like this everyday that get a lot of people's attention, just to get it in the know, though.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll try that tip and the card next time I have a boss battle with that guy, assuming I get the card on day 1.

Share this comment