FIXED Updated:Game Not Responding

yosback
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Game will randomly, approx 3-10 min after launch, stop responding. Waiting for it to respond will loop back to not responding ad nauseum. I have verified steam files with no change, I have uninstalled and reinstalled game with no change. Attached is log.txt and dxdiag.txt for review.

Update: I have also tried the experimental branch to see if any changes from that solved it, it did not.

Update: After April 7th update, game no longer crashes.

Update: After April 12th small patch via steam game crashes within 5-10 of starting again.

Update: Jun 4th, after a complete reinstall of windows and steam, game still not responding after 5-10 min after starting.

Update: Jun 5th, made progress! So it looks like I'm getting a warning in event viewer event ID 10016. From source DistributedCom. After a bunch of googling and headache of trying everything I could read or think of the solution (Below)

FIX: disable steam overlay (that is in some notes about it already), and Nvidia overlay, and the xbox overlay. 

Apparently that combination of overlays, with this game, cause it to just freak out and hang indefinitely.

log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Play the game as usual till crash.

Update: After April 7th update, game no longer crashes.

Update: After April 12th small patch via steam game crashes within 5-10 of starting again.

User Feedback

Update: It appears that the newest update on April 7th, has fixed whatever the issue was. I'm happy to saw that I have been able to complete one run so far.

Edited by yosback

Share this comment

Update: Jun 4th, after a complete reinstall of windows and steam, game still not responding after 5-10 min after starting. Added log file to report

Edited by yosback

Share this comment