All Trained Pets have Same Negotiation Argument

Prysthaea
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Apologies if this is working as intended, because I only realized this might be a bug because my experience disagreed with the wiki and some old forum posts. I tried searching for a while for patch notes or newer posts discussing a change to how this works, but couldn't find anything. 

According the wiki, several types of trained pets have their own unique arguments during negotiations (Shrooglets grant " an argument with 4 resolve that applies 2 composure to a random friendly argument at the start of every turn", Vrocs grant "an argument with 2 resolve that deals 5 damage to a random enemy argument each turn", Fleads grant "an argument with 1 resolve that baits all enemy attacks. Gains 1 resolve at the start of each turn") with the rest (Yotes, Erchins, etc.) all granting "an argument with 3 resolve that deals 3 damage to a random enemy argument each turn".

In my runs, all trained pets have had the 3/3 argument.  I know for certain I've used trained Vrocs more than once before with the argument (they're my favorite), and my current run has a trained Shrooglet (screenshot below).  I'm less sure on Fleads, but only because I'm unsure if I've ever trained one.  I'm certain I've never seen any trained pet grant any argument other than this one.  This has been true in all my runs (end of prestige 3 in Sal, 2 in Rook, and 1 in Smith) where I've acquired pets. Like I mentioned above I had no idea they were ever supposed to be different until checking online. 

I have never trained a pet through any means other than the Innate Connection perk, if that's relevant.  I really like playing with pets, so I've rarely done a Sal run without it equipped, and when I have I've never gotten the event. 

image.png.5d29122f7e96f291c0cde0f6d122be52.png

Steps to Reproduce

Play any campaign with Innate Connection equipped.  Acquire a Vroc, Shrooglet, or Flead.  Engage in negotiation. 

Apologies again for barebones. I've never seen it not do this. So I'm unsure exactly what I'm doing that's causing it. 

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.