As the title suggests, D'ont Starve is not detecting the Xbox One controller, in fact it's detecting it as a generic controller not only that also the controls are so messed up, for instance pushing the start button triggers the up button, the controls are laggy, sometimes the game is triggering right joystick for itself.
It's worth mentioning also that
- I tried with checking and unchecking Xbox Configuration Support option in Steam and problem still occurs.
- I tried with changing Gamepad template in Steam From Don't Starve Official template to the Standard Gamepad template and vice versa with no effect.
- I uninstalled Steam, Don't Starve and all it's files content and configurations and I tested with a fresh installation without messing with Steam configurations but the problem stil occurs.
- Don't Starve Together is working perfectly fine.
- My Mac is detecting the controller as (Xbox Wireless Controller).
- This is really frustrating because I purchased the controller especially to play Don't Starve
Controller Xbox One Controller Model 1708 (Prior 2016 model with Bluetooth integrated) to be exact (WL3-00106 Grey/Blue model)
System MacBook Pro (Early 2015 Model)
OS MacOS Mojave 10.14.2
CPU 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 16 Go 1867 MHz DDR3
GPU Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 Mo
Don't Starve Version 305507 With Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked DLCs installed with no mods and with no Steam lunch options
1. Connect Xbox One controller in wireless mode 2. Lunch Steam 3. Lunch Don't Starve