Coffee Plants Basically Nonfunctional (Probably Beta)

bluemorpho1029
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

When I transplant coffee plants, they are withered as normal. They do occasionally bounce and suddenly appear to have beans on them, but that did not affect my gameplay and that texture glitch was present even before I installed the beta. I harvested them a single time after using Applied Horticulture, and they withered. I fertilize and harvest a few more times, and they did not wither until the time they normally would. I try to fertilize these bushes, but wicker says that more fecal matter is needed, and the ashes are consumed anyway. I cannot fertilize them again. Notably, before I attempted to fertilize, Wicker's quote was "Bean gone awhile now," her quote afterwards remained the same. Applied Horticulture did not fix this, but digging this bugged withered bush dropped a Coffee Plant. However, after a while, every single bush withered, Wicker's quotes reading "Bean gone awhile now," "It is too hot for the Coffea plant," or the abnormal "It is not flowering at this time". Fertilizing these bushes either worked as it should or Wicker would make the not enough fecal matter quote. Dug withered bushes always dropped 2 twigs. I tried this again in the Volcano, and the exact series of events occurred again. Sometimes, when fertilizing a coffee bush, it would immediately wither again. Earlier in the game, I tried fertilizing a limpet rock, and the more fecal matter is required quote showed up.

Steps to Reproduce
Just plant a coffee bush and repeatedly harvest it, noting any odd behavior and character quotes. My world was set to Mild season only due to the fact that I wanted to test the new beta features.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.