Traps Not Functioning

Brandon12700
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

When traps for birds or rabbits are placed, the animals will take the bait and spring the trap, however upon the player picking up the trap, no animal will be given to the player. The traps durability also will not be decreased. This makes advancing in the game very difficult as you don't have access to magic crafts and can't jump worlds. The only other alternative is getting rabbits through earthquakes, which is ridiculously difficult.

Steps to Reproduce

Have a rabbit or bird spring a trap and pick up the trap. This is occurring on console.

User Feedback

I haven't played Shipwrecked in a couple months. I played it today and had the same issue. I can lay a trap for a Crabbit, but when I pick up the trap I don't receive a crab and the health of the trap stays at 100%. 

On a side note, I noticed new loading screens on the game that were not there before, so I believe there was a update to the game. 

Share this comment

I’m still having this issue on the switch version. It makes the game unplayable. Please update! 

Share this comment