Trap crafting crash

Nghtmrlvr423
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

I've been playing on the Switch since the update and I've noticed whenever I craft a trap for Crabbits, rabbits and birds, the game crashes. I don't understand if it's something I'm doing or something else. If it helps, I've been playing as a Wickerbottom. In RoG, I currently won't be able to make use of the Magic tab, due to not being able to make the Prestihatitator.

Steps to Reproduce

Gather materials for trap, 6 grass and two twigs. Craft the item, once it completes, the game crashes

User Feedback

Happening with me too. With Hamlet compatible worlds no longer having the seasons bugged, I returned to the Switch version of Don't Starve, and ran into this rather quickly. Hopefully it's a simple issue and will be fixed quickly. In the mean time though, there are alternatives to using traps for catching birds and rabbits. Earthquakes in caves drop rabbits, which can be picked up shortly after they land, and a sleeping bird will become collectable for a short time after being punched; Shipwrecked's eye-shots do the same without requiring the bird to be asleep.

• Sanity 1

Share this comment

ok i just reg account to anwser your prob

remove file

data\DLC0003\scripts\stategraphs\SGtrap.lua

from your game folder and creating traps should work

Share this comment

I would if I knew How to edit files on a Switch, thank you for the answer to those who do know though!

Share this comment