time traveling upon meaty effigy resurrection

evillordxenu
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

im on switch now but own it on steam and googleplay (no hamlet its sad)

ok so i had world  hopped to all of the worlds and was mid crafting my utopia in rog using the best of all worlds. a time consuming process . i had started in hamlet then went rog then ship wrecked speeding through to make a skyworthy until shipwrecked since the sea worthy is present . everything was going fine until day 135. before i had left hamlet the first time i stopped the aporkalypse by starting it then stepping on the pressure plate to fast forward the calendar. i had come back before narrowly missing a aporkalypse but i knew it happened because some suspicious trees were present and other things. i was trying to show up last day to kill a ancient and buy some fire crackers

ok so i show up day 135 and it wasnt active. i decided to go kill the queen womant. made it to her fast and easy through luck. i didnt get a wall put up fast enough and the fight drags on and then rocks falling got me. im typically a good sport about dying in a rouge like and i have 4 touch stones and a meaty effigy and a magic water (in bundling wrap). however i had no more 10 piece oincs and the aporkalypse was active and my blunderbuss lay in poop by the queen womant now. thats my elder mandrake killer. without thinking to much i pressed the home button and turned it off. at the time i thought of how many days i would waste remaking it. estimation 2 maybe 3. each day wasted was another not spent farming shipwrecked for elephant cactus. what a chore. when i restarted the game later it was now day 115 in hamlet and it was a aporkalypse and i had everything in my inventory. meaty effigy not used. i guess it didnt auto update when i died because it wasnt the end / start of a new day . i went killed the ancient and got the blue print taters and nightmare fuel from his spawns then skipped town.

it was still day 135 in rog and shipwrecked but hamlet was day 115. this 20 day discrepancy is persistent. im about to regenerate hamlet to be rid of the stain on time itself but while i never got the living artifact am i a super hero now. am i the source of the aporkalypse. will they regret not just giving me a blunderbuss and skyworthy for my death marks the end of all things?

Steps to Reproduce

start a hamlet world on nintendo switch then go to rog and shipwrecked in the same save AFTER starting the aporkalypse early then stopping it and steal the magic water.set up a meaty effigy on hamlet before you leave. let the first year pass go die in hamlet fighting the queen womant. if it didnt auto save then press home button and end instance of program for dont starve to shut down. restart and load the save

User Feedback