Seasons Glitch on Nintendo Switch when entering caves

Physiology
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

After the 1.0.8 update on Nintendo Switch, entering the caves seems to cause some very strange things with the seasons. I believe this might be an old bug that got reintroduced by the update. 

Additionally - I believe the patch notes mentioned the Ancient Guardian should now drop the seed of ruin. I've defeated him multiple times since the update and not seen the seed of ruin once.

Steps to Reproduce

How to reproduce:

1) On a Don't Starve Nintendo Switch Reign of Giants world linked to Hamlet, enter the caves (I've only done this in the first ~12 days or so of Autumn).

2) Your character will start freezing, indicating (potentially) the season has changed to winter

3) If you continue on to the ruins, the game switches the season to Spring. Constant rain in the caves, and upon exiting, I can tell because the rabbit holes are collapsed despite still being on a day under 21 which should be Autumn with default settings. 

4) I also noticed I will get a hound wave the day after exiting the caves every time, but only one hound will spawn.

User Feedback

The seed is inside the guard's chest, only, for some reason, it is invisible while in chests and in the player's inventory. 

Share this comment