Planting trees do not work in the beta

C2xPlusPlayer
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants Fixed

When I attempted to plant a tree in the beta, it doesn't plant a tree yet still removes the pinecone or birchnut from my inventory. This happens only when planting stacks of pinecones; it doesn't happen when planting singular pinecones. i also found a similar problem when putting items onto traps.

I have found this problem when playing on the RoG DLC in the beta.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Take a stack of pinecones

2. Attempt to plant one

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Possibly related, but trees start appearing in random locations, such as the ocean in Shipwrecked. Tree icons also appear in unexplored regions and even beyond the map boundaries.

• Like 1

Share this comment

This is also happening with the hamlet dlc beta, every time i try to plant a seed pod the same thing happens. I think this is happening with all types of tree seeds but i'm not 100% sure

• Like 2

Share this comment

Happening to Jungle Seeds as well. I can only plant them by keeping a single seed in my inventory and planting while having just a single seed on my inventory. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

It happened with every type of tree seed! checked in 3 worlds connected. It didnt happened with other types of plantable things.

Share this comment