No seasonal rains/strong winds/hail/flooding during Hurricane and Monsoon seasons.

CaptainFynx
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Shipwrecked Can't Reproduce

Rains and most other seasonal effects during Hurricane and Monsoon seasons don't happen after year 1. Big waves and sealnado attacks are there, but strong winds, hailstorms, flooding and mosquitoes are not. There is one day with strong winds and a mild rain during the Mild season, but I think it's scripted. Using telelocator staff several times brings back the rains and the corresponding seasonal effects for a short period of time.

Basically, the same as in this unresolved bug report from 2019, but my game was only Hamlet-compatible, not linked to it until year 5.

Steps to Reproduce

Randomly happened after year 1.

User Feedback

I can't reproduce the bug, it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Can you upload the world affected by this bug? It would be useful to look at the saved information of the world regarding the seasons.

Thanks!

Changed Status to Can't Reproduce

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, DiogoW said:

I can't reproduce the bug, it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Can you upload the world affected by this bug? It would be useful to look at the saved information of the world regarding the seasons.

Thanks!

Changed Status to Can't Reproduce

Sure, here are the save files.

P.S. Although my SW world hadn't been linked to HAM during year 2, I built a Slanty Shanty using Brain of Thought both on my base and in the volcano. Maybe this is the root of the problem.

219740.zip

Edited by CaptainFynx
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Can you better detail the process your save slot went through?

Let's see if I understand:

• You had a Hamlet world and you haven't been to any other world.
  • You then merged your save slot (Hamlet only) with another save that had a Shipwrecked world.
  • And so, these problems appeared in the Shipwrecked world after that.

From what I've looked at, your world has very high numbers on some variables, meaning that rain never manages to start (and therefore storms too), causing all of that stuff you mentioned.

While I'm trying to figure out how to prevent this from happening on other worlds, you can run this in the console to fix the issue:

local sm = GetSeasonManager(); sm.moisture_limit = TUNING.TOTAL_DAY_TIME + math.random()*TUNING.TOTAL_DAY_TIME*3; sm.moisture_floor = 0; sm.noise_time = 0; sm.atmo_moisture = 0; c_save();

• Like 3

Share this comment

- I started in a Hamlet-compatible Shipwrecked world and haven't been to any other world.

- I built a Slanty Shanty during the 2nd mild season (day 80 or so) using Brain of Thought.

- Rains, strong winds and floods stopped happening during the 2nd year.

- I merged it with pre-existing RoG and Hamlet worlds on day 370 or so, but by that time the problem had been there for at least 3 in-game years.

And another curious thing: after using Telelocator Staff several times on day 500+, floods started, but in a very weird way: only in beach biomes. They appear and quickly spread during the night, but disappear just as quickly, even during the hurricane season.

Thanks for the console command.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Update: The console command helped. I was actually glad to see my first hurricanes and floods in a long time, especially considering that my entire island is covered with man-made turf. It killed my connected RoG world, though, but well...

Share this comment