I've recently switched over to Linux and DS is having trouble running as soon as it loads, immediately maxing out all 8 cores on my machine. This happens as soon as the game loads, even while idling in the main menu, and also persists into actual gameplay. It previously ran on Windows on the exact same hardware without any issues.
I've disabled all DLC in Steam to see if there's a difference and sadly the behaviour is identical even on a base install. I've also tried forcing the use of Proton to see if there's an improvement, but the game doesn't even start up in that case. Potentially also of interest is that DST runs perfectly normally.
Relevant system info is below:
OS: Arch Linux x86_64
CPU: Intel i7-4790K (8) @ 4.400GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Also attached to this post are:
- Screenshot showing all cores at 100% for the time the game was running
- profile.json ouput, captured as per the steps described over at this thread
If there's anything else I can do to illuminate any further, please let me know! I'm a software engineer so I don't mind diving into gnarly technical details if it'll be at all helpful
Load the game to the main menu.