It is impossible to play as Shipwrecked and Hamlet characters in Reign of Giants without compatibility with DLS. It is impossible to play as Hamlet characters in Shipwrecked without compatibility with dls

Hungry French
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

1.In Don't Starve without DLC compatibility, there is no Webber and Wigfrid in the character selection menu and other Shipwrecked and Hamlet characters.
2.In RoG without DLC compatibility with Shipwrecked and Hamlet, there are no DLC characters  in the character selection menu.
3.In Shipwrecked without DLC compatibility, there are no Hamlet characters in the character selection menu
Review problem :
.. What a strange bug. Why can't you play for any character from any character without compatibility with DLC?. Why when playing as a character from Shipwrecked or Hamlet in RoG/classic DS. I see the crafting of these DLCs, which only distract from important RoG items, because I plan only to play as a DLC character, but not to move to other worlds.
   Why is it impossible to play in Shipwrecked as characters from Hamlet without dls compatibility, if I don't plan to move into the Hamlet world, there are a lot of items from Hamlet and I need to try to find the necessary items for Shipwrecket.
   This also leads to the appearance of unwanted ponds in the garden, which interfere with the atmosphere of the DLS and interfere with the balance of the gardens. Few people want to see sweet potatoes, asparagus, radishes, aloe instead of pumpkin, eggplant, watermelon, etc., which help in summer, winter, in caves, which is why there is no motivation to develop a vegetable garden. 4 Access to recipes from other dls interfere with the balance. Example: Surf "n" Turf is too strong a dish for RoG. 60 hp and 33 reason, which makes other dishes not very necessary because of their smaller stats or expensive crafting. Spicy Vegetable Stinger is an insane 33 of the mind. Toffee has 15 of the mind, just like pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin cookies spoil in 10 days. Watermelon ice cream from a rare watermelon rises 20 and spoils for 3 days. Although ice cream restores 50 sanity, it spoils for 3 days and it is more difficult to get Volt Goat milk.

I hope my finding of the bug will be heard and corrected by you. Not everyone wants to play compatible worlds, but many have to because of the characters

Steps to Reproduce

1.Select DS or RoG or Shipwrecked in the world selection menu.
2.Do not accept DLC compatibility.
3.Go to the character selection menu and see the absence of RoG/Shipwrecked/Hamlet characters

User Feedback

Because those DLC characters are only loaded as spawnable objects if the DLC is enabled. If the DLC is not enabled then effectively this character doesn't exist in your game, how could the game spawn in an object that doesn't exist and allow players to interact with it?

Also for gameplay reasons: some character specific items requires materials from certain DLCs, so you have to load the DLC first.

• Like 2

Share this comment

Walani, Woodlegs, Wilbur do not tolerate anything unique from Shipwrecked. For Warly, just 1 dish from Shipwrecked appears. All Hamlet characters work the same way outside of all DLC. What prevented you from simply adding characters to the general character registry as in any normal game? Woodlegs has unique crafts, but it is impossible to make them in RoG. The Walani board is not craftable and has no applications in RoG. Why these crutches ?

On 6/11/2023 at 10:04 PM, _zwb said:

Because those DLC characters are only loaded as spawnable objects if the DLC is enabled. If the DLC is not enabled then effectively this character doesn't exist in your game, how could the game spawn in an object that doesn't exist and allow players to interact with it?

Also for gameplay reasons: some character specific items requires materials from certain DLCs, so you have to load the DLC first.

Share this comment