Game shuts down when loading a file where all 3 DLC’s are merged.

De_Gatherer
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

The file where I’ve managed to link all 3 DLC’s together no longer loads. Instead, every time I attempt to load it, my game force closes itself. I play on an Xbox and this isn’t the first time this has happened to me.

This problem always seems to happen when I merge worlds together with Hamlet. I was able to travel between all three initially but after a few trips into the Hamlet, my file just straight up crashed and now I can’t even load the save. The error happened as I was moving from RoG into Hamlet via the Skyworthy. With the release of the latest update, I believed the issue had been resolved and unfortunately it is still present. 

I have other save files, several hundred days old from 2020, that continue to work properly. The only difference is that they are not linked with Hamlet. I am not the only one who’s had this problem, several other friends of mine have shared the exact same experience as I. This is unfortunate because the game is super fun, and I would really like to enjoy all 3 DLC’s together. It’s been 3 years since the Hamlet DLC was ported to console and it’s still not possible to enjoy linking everything together without fear of losing the save. Some sort of feedback on the matter would be appreciated, is this a known problem that still being worked on? Any bit of communication would go a long way, I’ve waited this long for the recent Quality of Life update for console and I don’t mind waiting again. Thank you Klei, I’m hopeful that you’ll resolve the problem.

Steps to Reproduce

Link all 3 DLC’s together. Build the Skyworthy and travel into the Hamlet from RoG or from Shipwrecked. The first time I traveled into Hamlet, my game crashed but I was able to relaunch the game and load back into the file. It works fine most of the time, might take a number of trips. I believe it has something to do with the season that The Hamlet happens to be in when making a trip. My day count for hamlet was 58-59, just before the Aporkcalypse, that might be relevant. I unfortunately did not receive any  error codes/txt, my file simply will not load  anymore.

The order in which I linked the DLC’s was RoG and Shipwrecked first, then I merged them to an existing Hamlet save. 

I should also add that while I had all 3 merged, I used the teleportato in RoG and opened up the caves and ruins a few times and in doing so had my seasons change. I also loaded the volcano in the Shipwrecked DLC. 

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.