Game Hangs When Exiting Caves (ROG)

Kderosa
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants Fixed

After the last update, I have encountered a persistent bug.

After entering the caves after the first time, it is impossible to exit the caves again.  The game will hang.  Reloading also results in the game hanging as well.  The result is that you can't get back into that save again.

This has happened in four new saves all started after the patch was applied.

Usually occurs around day 20 when I go into the caves for the second time. 

It has happened on multiple computers.

The save remains unusable even when all MODS are disabled.  The last time it happened only the Geometric Placement MOD was active.

Log atatched

Steps to Reproduce

Go into caves then exit

At some point thereafter enter caves again and the game will almost always hang upon exiting the cave.

survival_6 and survival_7 in my attached Steam Remote folder are the hanging saves 

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Same thing happened for me when using a Skyworthy. My entire save also got stuck in aloading loop. Do I need to attach my porkland_n file in case somebody notices this?

Share this comment

The game continues to hang after the latest hotfix on 9/18 (even with no mods enabled).

New ROG game, went into and exited caves 2-3 times.  On the 3rd-4th exit of the caves the game hangs and the save is unplayable afterward.

Share this comment