Bugs when traveling between maps (Switch version)

drume
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

I am playing the Nintendo Switch version of Don’t Starve, typically selecting RoG with Hamlet compatibility.

First, when traveling between maps (survival, caves, ruins, shipwrecked, hamlet), my game automatically saves even if I have disabled auto save.  This occurs both when I intentionally travel and when I die and regenerate on a different map.

Second, if I close the game after traveling and don’t save again, then open the game and reload that save, the environment reverts to the moment I first left that map (season, rotting, growth, etc). But if I explicitly save and quit after traveling, the time passage effects on the environment are retained.  So the auto-save when traveling appears to not save environmental changes.  Consequently, I can spend a year in the ruins, travel back to the cave, quit without saving, reload, and everything in the cave is unchanged as if time froze in the cave while I was in the ruins.

Third (and worst), the game freezes every time I travel from the caves to the ruins.  Even if I wait for half an hour, the screen is still frozen at the ruins entrance and the bell keeps ringing.  It successfully auto saves, so if I force close the game and reload, it loads there in the ruins.  But I have to close and reload every time I enter the ruins. This problem doesn’t happen when going from ruins to cave or between outside and cave.

Steps to Reproduce

(see description)

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.