Animal traps aren’t working as intended.

De_Gatherer
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants Pending

Picking up a trap with an animal caught inside does not give the player the animal, bird cages share the same problem. This issue makes crafting the prestihatitator problematic and by extension blocks game progression. We’re unable to merge world’s due to the sea-worthy being locked behind the shadow manipulator. 

Steps to Reproduce

Drop a bird or rabbit trap and pick it back up when it’s set off. This is on Xbox 

User Feedback

On Switch, the game crashes upon crafting bird or box traps. Alternatives exist. For birds, you could put them to sleep with either a sleep dart or a pan flute, give the sleeping bird a punch, which it'll survive and start flopping around, able to be picked up, and you can go from there. On Shipwrecked, eye-shots are even more effective. Rabbits will be more difficult, but is still possible, as they can be picked up when they fall from the ceiling of caves during earthquakes.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks for the tips, I didn’t know I could grab a bird that way, I’ll have to give that a try. I’m just hoping they fix the issue soon

Share this comment

I've noticed this as well. I go to make a Prestihatitator and notice that the Rabbit just disappears but the trap doesn't lose durabilty. It also happens in Shipwrecked with Crabbits as well

Share this comment