World Displays Incorrectly (most likely related to Caves being enabled)

DanNeverLose
  • Pending

Hey everyone,

I've come across an issue where the world displays incorrectly upon starting a new game with caves enabled. The issue is a little hard to explain, but I'll give it my best attempt. The world I can see does not seem to be the one which has actually been generated, and is at odds with the collision detection (which I assume to actually be correct). The attached two screenshots should help to illustrate the point.

It is worth noting that my co-op partner is not having the same issue. I have tried hosting the game on my machine and she has tried hosting the game on hers, and I experience the visual glitch in both scenarios while she sees a correct rendition. This would lead me to believe that it is some sort of local issue. We have been able to generate an unbroken world with caves disabled.

This effectively makes the game unplayable, as I cannot see the bounds of the map. I have tried disabling all mods and restarting the game several times, as well as generating a number of new worlds with caves enabled under a variety of different settings.

Any insight, and potential fixes, would be greatly appreciated.

20170730033002_1.jpg

20170730033940_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Generate a new server with caves enabled. The world does not render correctly.

User Feedback

UPDATE: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times in an attempt to get it to work. It is certainly Caves related, as non-Caves servers work fine. I had a theory that the world might be displaying by an offset - perhaps the world was drawing in from (1000, 1000) instead of (0,0) or something - and so I tried swapping my display resolutions and primary monitor to see if that changed anything. I have even tried renaming the Don't Starve Together local folders under Steamapps to rid myself of any corrupt local data ... no luck.

Anybody have any ideas? This is driving my crazy.

Share this comment