Workshop and GeforceNow

crashmer
  • Pending

No mods don't starve together from steam workshop updated after June 10 do not work in "geforce now". They give an error and are displayed as workshop-********. Mods require updating but are not updated. I'm desperate

Screenshot_11.png

Steps to Reproduce

Try one of the most popular Geometric Placement mods

User Feedback

i'm having this same problem i hired geforce now services especially to play don't starve and unfortunately i can't have experience with mods because of this error.
and the sad thing is that you can't know what's causing it

Share this comment

On 10/17/2021 at 4:34 AM, Kr_dm1 said:

i'm having this same problem i hired geforce now services especially to play don't starve and unfortunately i can't have experience with mods because of this error.
and the sad thing is that you can't know what's causing it

The reason is known, you can even check it yourself. New mods created or updated after May are uploaded along the way [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330\]
The old mods are loaded into [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dont Starve Together\mods\]. The problem is accessing the folder, GeforceNow does not give the game full access to the folder with new mods.

To the question in support, you will get an approximate answer that mods are not supported in GfN and they have never guaranteed their operability.

Share this comment

16 hours ago, crashmer said:

The reason is known, you can even check it yourself. New mods created or updated after May are uploaded along the way [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330\]
The old mods are loaded into [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dont Starve Together\mods\]. The problem is accessing the folder, GeforceNow does not give the game full access to the folder with new mods.

To the question in support, you will get an approximate answer that mods are not supported in GfN and they have never guaranteed their operability.

after two days of research I ended up discovering this and now I see your comment and I see that you came to the same conclusion as me.
I still hope someone does something about it, it just doesn't seem like it's too hard. otherwise geforce now is dead for me

Share this comment

Klei and Nvidia do not like you. Forums and messages to support are ignored, no matter how many times I try to reach out, the situation does not change. Every day more and more mods get updated and stop working. No access to saves either, you can't get them out of the cloud, and without mods you can break them forever.
It's painful to look at, but it doesn't cost the GFN techs anything to fix the situation, just give the folder read access. I think it's because nvidia only pays attention to problems in big projects, they don't care about dst. If I find something out or the situation changes, I'll post here.

Share this comment