Wonkey Question

Gloooom
  • Pending

I posted this in the general discussion forums, but I wanted to post it here to get some clarification. Why does my game freeze like this when I transform into Wonkey and transform back to Wilson?? Also, is Wonkey supposed to appear in the character lineup in the item collection tab on the main screen? I've seen some people with him on the character lineup but Wonkey doesnt apear for me. Is it a mod? This has been an issue for me since the Curse of Moon Quay was released.

Steps to Reproduce

I was told by many in the general discussion forums that this is not an issue exclusive to me. It happens to them as well. Don't know how to reproduce it, because I'm unsure if it is even a bug. But, there is proof from other play testimonials that this is not a unique issue.

User Feedback

@Gloooom Could you run in the console the following command? There will be a few profile json files in your Klei/DoNotStarveTogether folder where client_log.txt is saved at I would like for you to upload those here in a zip to get an understanding where your performance is being degraded from.

TheSim:Profile() ThePlayer:DoTaskInTime(0.2, function(inst) inst:ChangeToMonkey() end)
  • Like 1

Share this comment

16 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

@Gloooom Could you run in the console the following command? There will be a few profile json files in your Klei/DoNotStarveTogether folder where client_log.txt is saved at I would like for you to upload those here in a zip to get an understanding where your performance is being degraded from.

TheSim:Profile() ThePlayer:DoTaskInTime(0.2, function(inst) inst:ChangeToMonkey() end)

I ran that command and I coulod only find one profile.json file.

json.zip

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, Gloooom said:

I ran that command and I coulod only find one profile.json file.

json.zip 394.25 kB · 1 download

Could you try this one to force it to profile for longer?

TheSim:Profile(5) ThePlayer:DoTaskInTime(0.2, function(inst) inst:ChangeToMonkey() end)
  • Like 1

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Could you try this one to force it to profile for longer?

TheSim:Profile(5) ThePlayer:DoTaskInTime(0.2, function(inst) inst:ChangeToMonkey() end)

how many do you need because I only have 1 more that has appeared

profile_001.zip

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, Gloooom said:

how many do you need because I only have 1 more that has appeared

profile_001.zip 29.27 kB · 2 downloads

Could you upload the first profile json file again? The command starts up a profiler on the game to capture any slow points and outputs them to these profile json files and overwrites what was there so each time you run the command the whole run of files are needed to read the sample taken. I am under the assumption that when you run the command you are also turning into Wonkey if you are not you will need to turn back to normal which you can do with this command here before profiling.

ThePlayer:ChangeFromMonkey()
  • Like 1

Share this comment

10 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Could you upload the first profile json file again? The command starts up a profiler on the game to capture any slow points and outputs them to these profile json files and overwrites what was there so each time you run the command the whole run of files are needed to read the sample taken. I am under the assumption that when you run the command you are also turning into Wonkey if you are not you will need to turn back to normal which you can do with this command here before profiling.

ThePlayer:ChangeFromMonkey()

Here is the first json file I got... I go into my game and type the prompt you gave me and it won't give me anymore json files. I did the prompt in the console before and it did turn into Wonkey. Then I used the new command you gave me and it turned me back from Wonkey.json.zip

• Thanks 1

Share this comment