Virus report when launching

w8smith
  • Pending

As soon as I updated my DST client for the Terrors Below update, I received these notifications for trying to launch the game from the steam menu and from the desktop icon, respectively. As well as that, after trying to launch, I received a notification from windows defender with this warning attached below as well. I tried it more than once just to confirm, and it is coming from attempting to launch DST.72a3fc14414f476f4d8bcc9cd5c46681.pngfb491dcf7bfeb0382e04f0c46a1cb7e5.png53c44fb754ae42829b1a168ba2982a54.png

Steps to Reproduce

Update DST Client on steam

Press "play" button on steam menu to receive "missing executable" error message

Click DST desktop icon to receive virus/unwanted software warning message

• Sad Dupe 2

User Feedback

Me too I have the same problem , I just installed the game and it tells me that it has the same virus 

Share this comment

it let me play for some hours, maybe 3, and when i closed the game and attempted to reopen it, same thing happened to me.

Share this comment

Try ''Verify integrity of game files'' maybe that helps, if there was a virus.

Then probably delete temp files aswell

Share this comment

I was playing today and after trying to reset the world I was hosting with me and a friend, the game crashed, and upon trying to relaunch the game, it was flagged as a virus by both steam and windows defender. Reinstalling the game also resulted in the same issue. I will admit that with Klei's association with Tencent and the arrangement they have, I am worried about a possible cyber-attack from their end, and so I intend to not play until this gets resolved.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Red Carnage said:

Try ''Verify integrity of game files'' maybe that helps, if there was a virus.

Then probably delete temp files aswell

doesn't work, i did today and i uninstall and install the game not work 

Share this comment

Guys you can play with 32 bits meanwhile they fix the issue with 64 bits exe

change the settings here

image.thumb.png.64d367306e4e209e4205809a6fc20757.png

Share this comment

I verified my game files. When that did not work, I reinstalled the game. Didn't change anything, either. Re-verified the game files after a while, and now my game client is running. Is the problem resolved? I hope Klei can explain more of this in detail and assuage concerns of serious threats to our cybersecurity, because I personally am still unsure if I should play DST. 

Edited by w8smith

Share this comment

On 6/16/2023 at 7:17 PM, w8smith said:

I verified my game files. When that did not work, I reinstalled the game. Didn't change anything, either. Re-verified the game files after a while, and now my game client is running. Is the problem resolved? I hope Klei can explain more of this in detail and assuage concerns of serious threats to our cybersecurity, because I personally am still unsure if I should play DST. 

i posted the "solution" this error i got the error in 64 bits launcher but 32 bits launcher works fine

Share this comment