Various Mutant Bird Issues Related to Freezing, Burning, and Sleeping

SirMilkToast
  • Fixed

Here are some various mutant bird issues I found mostly related to the recent mutant bird changes (link to video showing issues in the "Steps to Reproduce" section)

1. Mutant birds cannot be frozen.

2. Mutant birds that are on fire will have a misplaced fire animation.

3. Mutant birds cannot be put to sleep. If they are targeting Wagstaff when you attempt to put them to sleep they will magically become friendly (to both Wagstaff and you). If they are not targeting Wagstaff they will not become friendly. The panflute seems to make them peaceful for a long time, while the napsack has varying results. In the video at one point you can see that the napsack made them friendly to me for a long period of time, but at the very end of the video a bird that was hit with the napsack proceeds to hit Wagstaff so idk what's really going on.

4. (bonus bug not shown in video) If a mutant bird is targeting Wagstaff and you capture it and then release it. It will no longer target Wagstaff. I believe this is because they only target Wagstaff when they initially spawn. I think this also means that mutant birds that hang around after the Wagstaff minigame is completed will also never target any future Wagstaffs.

Steps to Reproduce

Pretty self explanatory/shown in video:

DST Mutant Bird Weirdness - YouTube

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.