Star Caller's Staff Equip Crashes

Dragorra
  • Pending

Hello! My brother and I have a world we've been playing for a while, but we've only recently really begun doing the ruins stuff. We've just made a yellowstaff, but every time one of us equips it, the game crashes. I don't think it could have been the fault of a mod; none of my mods affect the ruins in any way (other than nerfing bosses since my brother and I usually play alone or just the two of us, haha) that I'm aware of. Although I am bad at code, so the crashlog could probably directly tell me a particular mod did it and I'd never even know. Here's the log we've been getting:

[string "scripts/components/reticule.lua"]:86: attempt to call method 'RemoveListener' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

scripts/components/reticule.lua:86 in (method) DestroyReticule (Lua) <74-87>

scripts/components/playercontroller.lua:1849 in (method) OnUpdate (Lua) <1683-2057>

scripts/update.lua:192 in () ? (Lua) <149-228>

For the time being, we'll just play without it and I'll respawn the materials so we can use them for other things. Thus far we haven't tried any other ancient staffs, but the amulets work normally. Again, it's only when we equip it, it can sit in our inventory and be fine, but once it's in our hand slot the game crashes. Thanks for your time! If it is mod-related can someone please let me know because hoo boy will I feel silly haha

Steps to Reproduce
All we had to do was equip the yellowstaff. I don't believe it was affected by any mods we had enabled, so it should be reproducable. I'm not certain of what all variables affected it to cause it or if it's just that the staff is broken. I'm sorry that I don't have more information.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.