Sound settings stuck at zero. FMOD broken

Supported
  • Pending

My sound settings are stuck at zero

In the logs of the game, it shows that FMOD failed to load,

It has nothing to do with my speakers, I've tried multiple types.

This issue is only apparent in 64-bit, 32-bit is fine and has No sound issue.

I use windows 11

I was finally able to make an account to send a ticket.

Steps to Reproduce

launch game, play on 64-bit (Beta isn't part of it), (32-bit is fine but is lags)

User Feedback

From the logs I am reading that FMOD failed to open the output device. Could you do the following to bring up your audio device list?

1. Hold Windows key and tap S.
  2. Type in mmsys.cpl and run the control panel item.

After this is open you should be presented with a sound panel that has information on your audio playback devices and other settings but the tab I want to focus on is the "Playback" tab. In this tab one of the devices is going to be selected as the default device with every other potential audio output device attached to the computer. For one test I would like for you to disable audio devices you are not using by right clicking on the device and choosing "Disable". After you have disabled all audio devices you are not going to be using try running the game again and check. If this does not fix the issue let me know here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, Supported said:

I have disabled all unused sound systems but is still persists with the same error

Some FMOD users found that disabling Windows exclusive control on the audio device worked without having to adjust drivers. In the mmsys.cpl you can right click the device and go to properties and in that window is the "Advanced" tab with the buttons to turn off exclusive control. Please try the exclusive control first and if that does not work then the next step would be to check your sound card drivers or related software that your machine has installed. For example there have been issues with MSI's Nahimic software and FMOD. I am not able to provide much support in this case if it is custom software. Please do a system restore point before making driver edits in case something does not work well for you. For drivers you can adjust them on a device selection using the mmsys.cpl panel again by right clicking on a device and going to its properties. Inside of this window is the "General" tab that has another button for properties. In this second properties window is a tab for "Driver" and its functions with Windows driver installation and handling. Editing drivers is very specific to the hardware you have and I am unable to give specifics on what to do to try to resolve the issue other than to give the advice that you would probably want drivers from Microsoft to be used to make it the most compatible with software.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Welp, I fixed it, It was beyond easy...   so DST didn't have a set output device and that's why it was broken.

Share this comment