sometimes i can't enter to caves after the rework of world generation

Danymaster20
  • Fixed

Sometimes i can't enter into a cave or even a server, when the loading screen appears, the game just say: "Error the server is not responding or, bad password (even if there is not password)". Before the update i was able to enter on a cave with some problems and fails but not like this one, this happen sometimes even in my own world or a friend server, when i try to rejoin to my server or a friend server it's stuck in a loop of fail with the same message mention before; I think it's because the game decide to kick me for time out or a mod error, all the information is attached down of my computer and my last time played, i use some clients mods and server mods, i tried disabling all the mods and it works, but i really want to play with some mods, i can't just play with 2 mods or less, i don't really like this...

I think ¿it would be a solution to extended the time out session for the game between loading world generation and entering and exiting caves for cheap monitors? (5-10 minutes of waiting the server for you if thats the case)

Steps to Reproduce

Have some mods installed, enter in a cave or a server sometimes, never play with your favorite mods again =/ ...

server_log.txt

server_log caves.txt

client_log.txt

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:

Please post your server logs.

ready, the caves and world server

Edited by Danymaster20

Share this comment

The log says you timed out, which means you took more than 60 seconds to connect to the caves sever, I am looking at further optimizations to our load times, but my hands are somewhat tied about how much I can do, so your only other option would be reducing the amount of server mods you have.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

The log says you timed out, which means you took more than 60 seconds to connect to the caves sever, I am looking at further optimizations to our load times, but my hands are somewhat tied about how much I can do, so your only other option would be reducing the amount of server mods you have.

Thank you for your time and answer, i'll be happy if the time out increase more than 60 seconds (Im thinking it would be great 5-10 minutes as a limit) between loading world generation and entering and exiting caves, i see players having the same problem sometimes with less than 2 mods installed or not having mods at all...

Edited by Danymaster20

Share this comment

I believe I have cut the loading times down quite a bit, so this problem should go away next hotfix.
Changed Status to Fixed

• Thanks 3

Share this comment