Sockets don't close properly

Rixal
  • Pending

I've noticed that when I host a server, my friends join, then I quit and re-host, they are no longer able to join.
On list of connections in the system I've seen connections to amazon still not closed, even after I quit the game. They wouldn't close automatically. I had to restart the PC - then they were no longer there and I could re-host with my friends able to join.
Happens always on Windows 7, not so much on Windows 10, as it seems to "clean up" after the application. But you shouldn't expect the system to do the cleaning for you.
As a programmer it sounds funny to me, that you've let such a bug be around for so long, lol.
Anyway - just check what happens after disconnecting and you will probably find it.
I like the game, so reach me if you need help :p

Sorry for no logs, as we ended up with friend with Windows 10 being a host. Old log seems to be overwritten.
However with the amount of details I told you, it should be fairly easy to resolve.

Steps to Reproduce
0. Use Windows7. 1. Host the server with caves (not sure if caves matter, didn't check). 2. Client A joins (either by steam "invite" or "join the game"). 3. Close the server. 4. Host the same world again. 5. Client A can no longer join, while client B can.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.