Server not responding, but only when my partner tries to join me ??? [SOLVED: at least for now we think!!]

4lic7ron
  • Pending

Hello! My boyfriend and I have been getting back into DST lately and playing every night, but one night he just couldn't connect to the server I was hosting :(
It said, "Server not responding. This server is not responding. Please try again."
He can't join any game that I'm hosting, and I can't join any game that he's hosting either.

Here's what we tried:
- We both disabled our mods and tried making a server with no caves
- Tried joining a public server together (which allowed us both to connect, but we still can't join each others games)
- Restarting our computers
- Restarting Steam
- Allowing access through the firewall
- Uninstall and reinstall
- Unfriending and refriending on Steam
- Tried a local server
- Tried a public server but with a password, which didn't allow us to connect if one of us was hosting :((((

We don't know what to do anymore, we just really like playing DST ;^;

EDIT: 
My boyfriend tried joining my game through steam and it still didn't work. But there's a page that says
"Failure. Unable to connect to server, app id specified by server is invalid."
"Latency. Failed"

I'm not too sure what this means, but I thought I should mention it if it helps! ;o;

EDIT #2: 

We've been trying and trying to connect, but today it worked all of a sudden? I think the issue somehow solved itself??

We think that maybe it was an administrative issue with the route or wifi? Something that we would have a problem with, but not necessarily fix ourselves.

I hope if anyone has these issues in the future that there is a concrete solution though!!

Steps to Reproduce

1. Host a game, pause the server, and wait for your friend to join.

2. Friend finds out they cannot connect

3. You disconnect the world and have your friend host

4. You cannot connect

5. You and your friend become sad 

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.