PS5 controller not working on Mac

mr.w.sq
  • Pending

The PS5 Dualsense controller does not work well on my MacBook with OSX 10.14.6. Specifically, although the controller is perfectly connected to steam, it doesn't show up in DST thus I cannot change from keyboard to controller.

I tried  to follow the suggestions given in https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/issue-with-xbox-one-and-ps4-controllers-on-mac-os-mojave-10146-r22844/, but there is nowhere I can set 'Steam Input Per Game' to 'force off'. The only thing I can do is using ResetControllersAndQuitGame().

Then very occasionally (on average 1 out of 10 attempts), the controller could connect  to DST but even the controller is successfully connected, sometimes there is no response when I press the buttons on the controller. And after restarting the game, this problem comes back. 

Steps to Reproduce

Connect the PS5 Dualsense controller to Steam

Launch DST (then the controller cannot be found)

User Feedback

Well I don't know if it will help anyone but I had the same problem, now it works but it's recognized as an xbox controller.

1. Enable the Playstation configuration support and the generic gamepad configuration support

2. bluetooth should be turned off or not paired with the controller

3. Go to properties of the game and in controller set Use default settings

4. Run the game :)

It will detect it as xbox controller but it works

Share this comment