Picked up items do not appear in inventory but still fill it up

sesodesa
  • Pending

After downloading hotfix 463347, types of items not already in my inventory sometimes disappear when being picked up. For example, picking up monster meat when a (partial) stack of it does not yet exist in the inventory simply causes the picked up monster meat to disappear. The disappeared items do seem to fill up inventory space however, as after enough items have disappeared, my character starts complaining about their inventory being full, which the state of the UI disagrees with.

The inventory and the UI therefore seem to go out of sync sometimes.

I only have the Geometric placement mod installed and loaded, all else is vanilla Don't Starve Together. I was simply playing the game normally when this occurred, and had just come back from sailing and collecting salt and cookie cutter shells.

Steps to Reproduce

Play the game (for long enough?) after downloading hotfix 463347. Try picking up an item and it should not appear in your inventory, unless a stack of the same item already exists in the inventory.

• Like 1

User Feedback

I'm experiencing this too so I wanna add to this: it seems to only happen when the item you pick up goes to your backpack. it doesn't always happen so I'm not sure how to reproduce it sadly. it started happening when Eye of the Storm went live. I hope the extra info can help

• Like 2

Share this comment