Lunar storm causes major lag

JustAPal
  • Pending

I play on an old world that has many items. When you activate the mysterious energy the storm spawns and moves randomly. It seems that when the storm moves to a decidious biome or the base (which is nearby decidious biome), it starts to cause some major lag. It takes around 20-40 or so minutes for the lag to appear. At first the host perfomance says ok but over the period of 30 or so minutes (around 3-7 in game days) the host performance becomes worse and worse and worse until it becomes 'host performance: bad' and then all character movements are jittery for all players. Now interestingly enough, when this happens, other players have good performance, it's just the host performance that's bad which means that it's not the internet connection but something in game. Perhaps some infinite loop slowing down host? To fix this problem i use a console command to move the storm and then rehost the game which fixes host performance. I can confirm that it is in fact the storm that's causing it based on how many times it happened, and without the storm it doesn't happen. In the end i'm not sure what exactly is the problem that causes it but I (as well as others who play with me) feel that this is not just my imagination and is an issue caused by the storm. The only mods i have are ones that give info about items and i don't have any mods that change gameplay so that can't be it.

Edit: added world file.

Steps to Reproduce

I don't know. The storm moves around the world and when it gets to the decidious biome (though it might not be the main reason) the server starts to lag.

Edit: you can also load into the world, Type the command to move the storm TheWorld:PushEvent("ms_startthemoonstorms") and move the storm into the base/decidious biome next to base (spawn) and then just wait afk for 30 minutes.

Cluster_1.rar

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.