Lunar bosses won't get stunned

Lilnibblez07
  • Pending

Crystal deerclops is the only new boss that gets stunned correctly, however; the armoured bearger and possessed varg do not get stunned when they should be.

Steps to Reproduce

Try to fight either armoured bearger or possessed varg.

Hit bearger after his butt slam or varg during their fire breath.

realize they don't get stunned when they should.

User Feedback

Are you using a weapon with planar damage? (ex: brightshade sword, shadow reaper). That's required for the stagger.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Arcwell said:

Are you using a weapon with planar damage? (ex: brightshade sword, shadow reaper). That's required for the stagger.

Yes, I have been using both planar weapons, and they still don't stagger.

1 hour ago, Horsheen said:

I've had them stagger consistently, try using the brightshade staff

Brightshade staff doesn't even deal damage to the bosses.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Lilnibblez07 said:

Yes, I have been using both planar weapons, and they still don't stagger.

Have you tried disabling mods, specifically if you have a health bar mod per chance? There have been at least two previous reports (link 1, link 2) of planar damage being completely disabled by mods.

Personally I am not having any issues triggering the stagger animation.

Share this comment

14 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Have you tried disabling mods, specifically if you have a health bar mod per chance? There have been at least two previous reports (link 1, link 2) of planar damage being completely disabled by mods.

Personally I am not having any issues triggering the stagger animation.

So just went through and removed the health bar mods, and it still doesn't seem to work. Can't think of any other mods that would cause conflict with the stagger either.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Lilnibblez07 said:

So just went through and removed the health bar mods, and it still doesn't seem to work. Can't think of any other mods that would cause conflict with the stagger either.

Not sure which mod it would be then, but there's definitely something disabling your planar damage because brightshade staff should be dealing 10 per bounce (the only mod I'm aware of that does this is Simple Health Bar DST (Old), but there could be others).

Some fixes I would try:

• Create a new world with no mods, spawn in a brightshade sword and a punching bag, see if it deals 38 or 68 damage. It should be 68. You can spawn a brightshade sword by typing c_spawn("sword_lunarplant") and a punching bag by typing c_spawn("punchingbag") in the console. You can access the console by hitting the tilda key (~)
  • If the sword deals 68, you can enable each mod one by one until you find the one causing the issue.
  • If it still deals 38, you can try: right click DST in Steam -> Properties -> Installed Files -> Verify integrity of game files
Edited by Arcwell
typo in console command

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Arcwell said:

Not sure which mod it would be then, but there's definitely something disabling your planar damage because brightshade staff should be dealing 10 per bounce (the only mod I'm aware of that does this is Simple Health Bar DST (Old), but there could be others).

Some fixes I would try:

• Create a new world with no mods, spawn in a brightshade sword and a punching bag, see if it deals 38 or 68 damage. It should be 68. You can spawn a brightshade sword by typing c_spawn("sword_lunarplant") and a punching bag by typing c_spawn("punchingbag") in the console. You can access the console by hitting the tilda key (~)
  • If the sword deals 68, you can enable each mod one by one until you find the one causing the issue.
  • If it still deals 38, you can try: right click DST in Steam -> Properties -> Installed Files -> Verify integrity of game files

Found the conflicting mod, forge weapons seem to be the ones stopping the planar damage, thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Share this comment