Low Graphic Performance in powerful mobile GPUs

projectsi
  • Pending

Dear Developer:

I really need your help here:

Here is the problem, This game can't achieve 60 fps in game. This makes me feel dizzy during the game play.

here is my computer profile:

RAM: 16 GB RAM 1600 Mhz

CPU: Core i5 4200H 2.8~3.3 Ghz

GPU: NVIDIA GTX860m 2GB

GPU used : NVIDIA high-performance GPU (global setting)

Res: 1920*1080

my FPS: 30~53 fps (is this normal, I think the GPU meets recommended GPU)  (recorded by steam)

Here is my questions:

Is this about my OS? or Settings? or an universal problem?

If this is a bug, will you fix it?

Steps to Reproduce
Find a note book with both intel and nvidia graphics, run the game, check fps, switch graphics, check fps again.

User Feedback

I have the exact same issue with nvidia 850m GPU. Interestingly if I switch to the much weaker intel GPU it works better... Might be a bug related to nVidia mobile GPU? 

Tried newest driver, tried older drivers, tried a lot of different settings for the game in nvidia control panel. Nothing works. 30 FPS are usually fine for me but you get some strange issues similar to vsync problems that part of the picture updates earlier... Very visible while the character is walking and makes me dizzy as well. Only 40 FPS in the start screen as well (using steam to show fps). Same problems in the original Don't Starve without mods, no DLC's

Edit: Reducing the resolution helps a bit as well but shouldn't be necessary on a GPU like that.

Edited by devluz

Share this comment

2 hours ago, devluz said:

I have the exact same issue with nvidia 850m GPU.

It is more likely to be an universal problem on every computer with two graphic cards

So, I have some digging about the graphic settings. Here is what I found:

I switch the graphic card to Integrated graphics (Intel HD4600) and the frame rate remains the same. So we can have luck guess: only the Integrated graphics is used no matter what graphic card you chose at nVidia settings.

30fps is also fine for me but the frame rate keeps changes (30~50), which makes me feel dizzy.

P.S.   

VSYNC: on

SMALL texture: off

Notebook mode: off

Hope the developer can fix this problem soon.

P.P.S.

I can run DOTA2 on steam in highest graphic quality (in 1080p) at 60fps 

Edited by projectsi

Share this comment

The funny thing is if I change it to use the intel/integrated graphics it works just fine. You should give that a try. Even though the intel is usually horrible. Only if I run it with the nvidia graphics I have problems

Share this comment