Lag out of "nowhere?"

trashoflevill
  • Pending

Out of absolutely nowhere, my character has started rubberbanding. When I host a game with caves this lag happens, or when I join someone else's world, although when making a world without caves I experience no lag but others who join do. What do I mean by "out of absolutely nowhere?" Well, yes right before this happened the for RoT update released, but I was able to play RoT before without lag (Full release not beta.) This did start happening after downloading a huge amount of mods though. Even though that this happened after downloading mods, I deleted all of the mods and unsubscribed (not in that order) and the lag still happened. Since then I have factory reset my laptop, and it STILL happens. I go between multiple different connections (about 1-2 times a week) so I doubt its my connection, and there is also the fact the game even says my connection is good! 

- I could not find the mdmp file in the DST folders. I do use steam, I know I was looking in the correct directory. Perhaps this could be the culprit? If it is I don't know how to fix it anyways so I'd need a response, but just thought this would be necessary enough to put at the end of the report.

Steps to Reproduce
Literally no clue on the reproduction process, it all just happened after downloading mods after the first RoT update and uninstalling them and unsubscribing to them did not help.

User Feedback