Game only starts in compatibility mode

Maaatrik
  • Pending

Ever since I got game it didn't work in default state (yes even without mods). I would not be able to launch it. Neither verifying files; neither re-installing helped. I tried to run with administrative rights. Nothing. Only thing that worked was setting compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3. That made game work fine from client side. ( when I host game my friend is having issues with crashes; but not on other server. My computer is capable so it's not that it wouldn't be able to handle it ( Ryzen 3600; 5700XT; 3600 mhz 16GB RAM ) ; anyhow that may be unrelated to my original issue; but I suspect because of compatibility hosting may also be comprimised as side effect ) . But yes because of that I can't use overlay and that also means I can't make Steam screenshots : x

I myself am on Windows 10. I'm attaching you file that game produces upon launch crash.

Steps to Reproduce
Start game without compatibility settings. It won't work. Game starts only with compatibility settings without Steam overlay and without ability to make Steam Screenshots.

User Feedback

UPDATE: After a whole bunch of testing with all the different settings and whatnot I found solution to run natively without compatibility. AMD's Radeon Software has default settings for this game that prevents it from launching. I marked the problematic setting: default.jpg

You need to change it and use one of other two options:
change.jpg

Share this comment