Game Crashes Upon Keyboard Input

Ambat
  • Pending

I can do everything in the game just fine up until I press a button on my keyboard, even a button that is unassigned to the game, and immediately on pressing it the game crashes. The mouse functions work perfectly fine without crashing.

I have already done the following to attempt to remedy this:

- Checked file integrity through Steam
- Updated NVIDIA drivers
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
- Removed all mods
- Restarted computer
- Cleared and reset keyboard control bindings
- Deleted and created multiple new servers
- Ran the DXSETUP.exe and the vcredist_x86.exe files

I am frustrated and can only seem to find two other unresolved cases of this issue. I have included the log.txt, the multiple Steam .mdmp crash files as well as the DXDiag.txt.

Steps to Reproduce
Literally just went to host a new server and set it up as per usual--tried on default settings, with and without caves, with custom settings, with one mod installed, then after with no mods after completely clearing and deleting the mod folder. The game loads up just fine as per normal and everything is dandy until a keyboard button is pressed.

User Feedback

I would like to update and add that:

When I originally installed the game, my computer was in a United States locale with only an English language keyboard setup. Recently I set up my computer to operate in a Japanese locale and also had a Japanese keyboard setup in addition to the English setup. I considered maybe that this was contributing to the issue.

I reset my system locale to United States and removed the Japanese language keyboard setup, restarted my computer, uninstalled the game, deleted the Steam Cloud files and disabled Steam Cloud, deleted the Klei folder in My Documents entirely, uninstalled and reinstalled both Don't Starve Together and Don't Starve three more times, and the issue is STILL persisting. I would like to note that the exact same thing happens in Don't Starve--the game boots up and everything is normal until there is keyboard input.

I honestly do not have the slightest clue where to go from here.

Edited by Ambat

Share this comment