Game crashes immediately upon trying to host a game

WitchSister
  • Pending

This started when the QOL update came out. I could set up game settings, then click Generate World, It says "Server is Generating World," switches briefly to the loading screen, and then crashes completely out of the game. I uninstalled all mods and deleted my mods folder and then the issue was resolved temporarily. Hotfix 455818 came out so I tried reinstalling mods. The crash returned. This time, uninstalling all mods and deleting the mods folder did not work. I saw someone else report something similar on the forums who got a reply that a fix was coming today. I waited until Hotfix 456020 came out and tried again without mods. It did not work. I have now uninstalled via steam, deleted steamapps/common/Don't Starve Together, backed up and then deleted ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether, unsubscribed from all mods, reinstalled the game, and the problem persists.

DoNotStarveTogether.bak.zip DoNotStarveTogether.zip lshw.txt steam system information.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Attempt to start a game.

User Feedback

In your client_log, the game mentions a permissions issue:

Could not open directory [/home/<username>/.klei//DoNotStarveTogether/123769343/Cluster_1/Caves/]

not sure how it happened, but it appears to have lost read/write access to the games save data directory.

• Thanks 3

Share this comment

I have tried hosting some worlds, it never works, every time i try host, the game crashes on the loading screen and doesn't give me any information about why, it gives me the APPCRASH error and a few numbers.

Share this comment