Friends get bad password error when they enter my caves

Cola No Pepsi
  • Pending

When my friends enter the caves on my world, they are quickly given a bad password error and cannot rejoin the server - I have to rollback the world to before they entered the caves in order to stop them constantly getting a bad password error. Curiously, the main overworld server is fine and they have no problems playing on it, it's just when entering the caves. I can enter the caves just fine, though this is presumably because I am the host. It should be noted that I am not using any dedicated server tools, just the host game feature in the client.

I have tried various solutions, including turning off my AV, ensuring DST and all its related programmes are allowed through the firewall, checking the UDP and TCP ports for the caves are listening, and re-installing and verifying the games files. I'm currently at a loss for what the issue could be. I did try changing the port number for the caves in the server.ini file, and whilst this did fix the problem for a short time, a recent hotfix has broken the caves once again and my 'fix' has stopped functioning entirely.

Below are the logs for the master and cave shards. Any help would be appreciated at this point.

server_log.txt server_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Host game as usual. Invite friends to world. They can join the server just fine, but upon entering a cave sinkhole, they are given a bad password error after only 1 or 2 seconds of connecting.

User Feedback

Exact same problem here. When any player apart from host enters the caves, they are given a “Bad Password” error and are no longer able to rejoin the server. We also disabled all mods to see whether they might have caused the issue, but to no avail. The only way we were able to rejoin the server was by having the host rollback to before entering the caves or by simply deleting the caves folder.

It is also worth noting that this has not always been the case. We have been able to play with caves in the past with no issues. This bug seems to have resurfaced after an update/hotfix.

This has left us with no choice but to confine ourselves to the world above :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Share this comment

Same problem here, for an unknown reason nobody can join the caves now, not even me, and I'm hosting the dedicated server, I tried not setting a password to join the server, nothing, cant join the server again because of this.

:(

Edited by A73

Share this comment