FPS loss

CurlySheep
  • Pending

Hello, I come here because my game suffers of an FPS issue.

When I start the game, it runs 60 FPS without any problem, which makes me think my Spec are quite enough to run the game without issue. (See DxDiag)

However, it only works for a while. After a certain amount of time (40 minutes on my last game), the game starts to stutter as soon as there is more than one element moving at the screen. (If I walk alone, it is fine, but if a bee flies around at the same time, I have huge FPS loss, which freeze my game for 0,5 seconds every 1-2 seconds, which makes any fight unplayable. A real nightmare if I was attacking a spider den right at this moment...)

The only solution I found is to log out of the server and to log back in. (I don't even need to restart the game.) After this, I recover my 60 FPS without issue... but once more, only for a limited amount of time.

You can understand this is extremely annoying, especially when this bug happens during fights. I'm asking for help to solve this.

I only use two mods : "Combined Status" and "Gesture Wheel". I am not the host of the server I'm playing on.

I reinstalled the game few days ago already, and checked integrity cache.

I know the most known fix about this is "go to NVidia control pannel and enable 3D graphics", but I don't have an NVidia GPU, and can't do this with AMD.

Thanks in advance.

DxDiag.txt client_log.txt dontstarve_steam_148470_crash_2015_10_29T18_9_50C0.mdmp

Steps to Reproduce

Play and wait.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.