Fashion goggles blueprint doesn't drop if desert goggles blueprint drops/is learned first?

Fraukie
  • Pending

Hi all,

I hope I am not misusing this category, but I didn't find an answer to this question.:

I did have it in the past, that I was fishing through an entire summer without getting the googles blueprints. 

Given the drop chance I think that is rare but normal and no bug. 

But this time the situation was different: I got a goggles blueprint very early, just assumed it was the "fashion goggles bp" (I din't check before I clicked on learning).

As I proceeded to fish for the second bp days got by, I waited the forced "cool down pause" and continued to fish afterwards, no luck, I only got other blueprints, fish and trinkets.

Then I wanted to build the fashion goggles. That is when I saw that I didn't get the bp for fashion goggles, but the one for desert goggles instead.

Lacking the fashion bp I couldn't build them.

I played alone, had no torch on me, used a cold fire pit as light source which I fueled with straw roles from my inventory.

So there was no one else who could have taken the fashion bp and i am sure enough that I didn't somehow accidentally burn it.

Long talk, short question:

Is it possible that this is a bug and that the drop chance for getting the fashion goggles bp is set to zero if the desert goggles bp is learned so in a rare case like that when the desert bp drops before the fashion bp you are kind of screwed?

Hope this wasn't too long, would appreciate if someone knows something about that. 

Thanks!

Fraukie

Steps to Reproduce

Get to oasis in summer, fish, get bp for DESERT goggles and learn it, keep on fishing without the fashion goggle bp dropping.

(If I find the time I make a test, go to oasis in summer, spawn and learn the bp for desert goggles and try if keep fishing drops the fashion bp, that is the nearest thing to "try and reproduce" I can think of, will report the outcome here.)

User Feedback

Hey! Sometimes it happens, when you get Desert goggles rec first, but you will also get Fashion goggles, i think your luck just so bad as my :D

Share this comment

19 hours ago, Tiberian39 said:

Hey! Sometimes it happens, when you get Desert goggles rec first, but you will also get Fashion goggles, i think your luck just so bad as my :D

weird i got desert before fashion goggles it RNG issue

Share this comment