DST Not Launching

Ahartlett
  • Pending

Hi, I recently tried launching the game on Steam but nothing happened. The Steam said that it's "Running" but the game didn't launched and it didn't even appear in my Task Manager. I've tried troubleshooting following your FAQs but nothing worked. I hope you can help me with this because I'm the only one who can't open the game among my friends. 

Steps to Reproduce

The last time I played the game was last night. I recently subscribed the Island Adventure - Shipwrecked mod and the game went smoothly. Then I tried launching the game in the evening today and it suddenly could not be launched. I've removed the mod but nothing changed. My friend whom I played with yesterday didn't have any problems though so I don't think it's because of the mod. 

User Feedback

14 hours ago, Ahartlett said:

Hi, this is my client_log file as requested. 

client_log.rar 3.63 MB · 1 download

That is a big log file after decompression! The log file here is one that has a duration of over two hours of playtime so I am guessing that the game is exiting before it can create the log file to begin with. The only thing I can think of why it would fail to get here is that the log file is trying to make a backup of itself and with your log file being huge it would take time to do this. Please delete your client_log.txt file and try running the game again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hi,

Thank you for responding to my query but this issue has already been solved. I've only noticed this comment, I'm sorry for the late reply!

Thank you again and have a nice day!

Share this comment

Just want to pop in and say thank you to JesseB_Klei. I've been having this exact issue for several days and none of the troubleshooting options initially presented to me were helping. Deleting my client_log.txt file was exactly what fixed this issue (it was more than 1 million KB decompressed -a-;;). Thank you very much!!

Share this comment