DST no longer opens -black screen then closes

lexy
  • Pending

I have played over 200 hours of DST without any issues. I was playing today just fine. at around 7pm i closed the game to check on something else, and when I came back to the computer DST would not start. I hit play on steam and it says launching...running... then cuts to a black screen for a moment without any sounds as it usually does on start up, but then it closes and I am back at the steam page. I tried restarting steam, then restarting my entire computer, then running both as administrator (as the troubleshooting suggests). I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, all to the same effect. Please help.

DxDiag.txt

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
I was just trying to open the game as usual.

User Feedback

PROBLEM FIXED

So today when i tried to open the game the same thing was happening. I used ALT+TAB to see if maybe an error message came up outside of the game, and a message from my Virus Protection Software popped up asking to quarantine a DST file. When I declined the quarantine (trusted the source), the game started as usual. I have closed and reopened the game without problems a few times to make sure the problem has been fixed.

Share this comment