DST keep crashing and lost connection to the server (as host)

nudy88
  • Can't Reproduce

It keeps crashing in random moments. Sometimes it crashes all games and I'm back on desktop, but more often game stos and few seconds later it show up "you have lost connection to the server" and I'm the host... it happens even when  I play solo (alone). 

master_server_log1.txtmaster_server_log0.txtmaster_server_log.txt1350222643_Screenshot2023-01-23202810.png.863e7d61d04fcf1ecdfb3b779c2ba028.pngclient_log.txtDxDiag.txt1676500948_Screenshot2023-01-23194646.thumb.png.0ed75a295766ec16f3389148c6eb3f00.pngmaster_server_log3.txtmaster_server_log2.txt

Steps to Reproduce

dunno it just hapenns... random moment also I dont have new .mdmp files ? last one is from 2021 idk why so I attached all I had

User Feedback

The logs are providing a trace back to TheSim:FindEntities crashing on call I notice you are running a number of client mods which may be hooking this core function and changing its behaviour. Could you try disabling client mods and play in the world for a while to see if this clears up your crashing?

Changed Status to Can't Reproduce

• Like 2

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

The logs are providing a trace back to TheSim:FindEntities crashing on call I notice you are running a number of client mods which may be hooking this core function and changing its behaviour.

You can hook functions from an userdata? I always thought these are read-only.

Share this comment

33 minutes ago, Philip. said:

You can hook functions from an userdata? I always thought these are read-only.

The functions on the userdata object live in the metatable's __index metamethod as a function proxy. I am considering this a possibility because one or more of the mods that are installed on this player's client do things in a more aggressive approach and I would like to remove this being a potential of a mod conflicting with the base game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

33 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

The functions on the userdata object live in the metatable's __index metamethod as a function proxy.

Ah, I see, I have never really investigated those things much. Thanks a lot for the info!

Share this comment

On 1/24/2023 at 7:29 PM, JesseB_Klei said:

The logs are providing a trace back to TheSim:FindEntities crashing on call I notice you are running a number of client mods which may be hooking this core function and changing its behaviour. Could you try disabling client mods and play in the world for a while to see if this clears up your crashing?

Changed Status to Can't Reproduce

So... I tried game is still crashing as before only difference is antoher text on error but meaning is same, just in other words.

Share this comment

On 1/27/2023 at 9:59 PM, JesseB_Klei said:

Could you validate your game files following the guide from the help article? https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029555352-DST-Is-Crashing-DST-Won-t-Start

So... As You told I tried:
-Verify Integrity of Game Files
-Checked system specs
image.png.2fb7371fb76d31bc2ef3ea695b765e03.png
-I have all drivers and OS updated
-I tried playing without any mods
-checked if my security/anti-virus isn't blocking dst
-to reinstall game

and it's still crashing in random moments

Share this comment