DST crashes on startup on Mac. Steam says: "dontstarve_steam quit unexpectedly."

artoxlorus
  • Pending

Hello,

Main problem: Game does not start. When I attempt to click "play" on steam, it says "dontstarve_steam quit unexpectedly."

Story of it: I guess it started to happen after I changed full screen disabled in the settings as the game was not showing in full screen but it was showing one portion of the game screen on the whole screen, like wayyy zoom in there(Normally I was playing it in a external screen and there was no problem). I tried to fix it but this happened instead.

I play on Steam.

Specs:

macOS Monterey
Version 12.2.1
MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
Chip Apple M1
Memory 8 GB

What I tried:

I tried all the things in there under Mac but none worked  https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029555352-DST-Is-Crashing-DST-Won-t-Start#mac

Integrity of folders in steam checked; game uninstalled, reinstalled; software update checked; none of them worked.

I am attaching log files you wanted in the link.

Please help. I also do not want to lose my saves if possible please.

Best wishes,

Steps to Reproduce

I don't know? I just write for help... This article: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029555352-DST-Is-Crashing-DST-Won-t-Start#mac got me there by saying: "If you have tried all troubleshooting steps and are still unable to play the game, please report your issue in the Don't Starve Together Bug Tracker with your logs and information for bug reports."

User Feedback

I even reinstalled macOS... Still same problem("dontstarve_steam quit unexpectedly."). Please help. My holiday ends soon, I want to play the game :(

Share this comment

PLEASE RESPOND. IF I WROTE SOMETHING STUPID SO YOU ANNOYED AND DID NOT ANSWER PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND. I REALLY LIKE THE GAME.

Share this comment

Heyy I solved mine now by deleting everything on Klei file. Then I started my game and voila! It starts now! I found it by this post:

JohnWatson stated there the file location:

"""

Windows:
Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\

Linux:
~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/

Mac:
~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/

"""

Share this comment