DST Cannot "Apply" settings with controller

D__
  • Fixed

Trying to play DST on Mac/Steam with a controller and it's infuriatingly close.  I got it working on Bootcamp with a Logitech F310 but on Mac it doesn't work.  Trying to play w my gf who doesn't have bootcamp.

All the controls work except there is no binding for "Apply" and the clickable button disappears when switching to gamepad input.  Cannot generate or resume world.  Cannot switch to game controller after starting world which keyboard because I can't apply the settings.  Also tried 8bitdo Ultimate but it doesn't work at all even though it says mac compatible.  I may trying Xbox controller but from reading online it's hard to tell which ones will work with mac, also I've used PS controllers always so switching to Xbox layout is annoying.

Please helpppppp!!  I really miss DST but it's not fun to hunch over a keyboard after doing work all day with a keyboard and mouse so we've stopped playing for years....

IMG_0515.HEIC

Steps to Reproduce

Mac OS 14.3

Steam

Logitech F310

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I'm having the same problem with my Mac M1 and PS4 controller (DS4), was working fine before update and offline. As soon as I updated, the binds for APPLY and RESUME WORLD are gone. 

I've tried disconnecting, clearing cache, restarting the Mac, removing controller, adding it again, trying all setups and templates on Steam. Nothing works.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Absolutely the same problem appeared on my Linux Desktop as well, I was using Xbox Series Controller, it seems after updating game pad features in this update - they or forgot to bind game pad keys, or they screwed up the binding code itself

• Like 2

Share this comment

I have the same problem. I have a mac and play with a playstation controller. It´s driving me crazy. I saw there was a new update today and hoped they'd fix the issue but the problem remains + my controller doesn't work with the game anymore...

• Like 2

Share this comment

On 4/5/2024 at 9:36 PM, Michai said:

I have the same problem. I have a mac and play with a playstation controller. It´s driving me crazy. I saw there was a new update today and hoped they'd fix the issue but the problem remains + my controller doesn't work with the game anymore...

Well, at least here is now it is marked as fixed, and the fix should be included ideally in the next hotfix updates

Share this comment

Wait.. how did you all manage to get your controllers working on Mac? I can't get DST to detect either of my Xbox One and Elite Series 2 controllers, on either my 2014 Intel MacBook Pro or my M1 Max? 

Share this comment

Only the Logitech F310 has worked for me.  Except it doesn't work because of the one button noted in this bug that has no bind.  It connects to DST though and all the other buttons are mapped with the correct icons in the game.

I tried the PS5, the 8Bitdo Ultimate, and the Xbox series and none connected to DST even though they all connected to Steam.  From other forums I've read that the Xbox One Model 1708 may work, but I haven't gotten one to try.

Updated on 4-13-24 and still have this "no bind" bug.

Edited by D__

Share this comment

On 4/16/2024 at 12:11 PM, D__ said:

OMG IT'S FIXED IN THE BETA - beforemacoschanges - r579121

OMG, it works! I switched to beta and successfully applied for controller, then switched back. The controller setting is good now.

Share this comment