DST black screen crashes to desktop

ikds2
  • Pending

When I launch DST through steam, the DST client opens up to a black screen and crashes to desktop a few seconds after. I have tried all the troubleshooting options in the guide, however the problem still persists. I have provided my DxDiag.txt and client_log.txt below. 

Steps to Reproduce

Launched through steam, black screen followed by crash to desktop

User Feedback

I have a very similar same issue. Game worked fine 19/12. When trying to start it in January I got a small game update and now I get this too. I tried to revert my nvidia drivers to the old ones I had before Christmas - didn't help. I also tried to reinstall the game - didn't help.

I start the game, the resolution of the minor change, screen turns black, then I see desktop again and I can see DST icon in the taskbar and hear the title music, but I cannot actually see the game. Clicking the icon in the task bar or tabbing through the Windows does not show DST again. If I close the DST application the Windows resolution reverts to the usual setting.

I then tried to edit client.ini by changing fullscreen = true to fullscreen = false. Now the game can start.

client_log.txt

Edited by Gediablo

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Gediablo said:

I have a very similar same issue. Game worked fine 19/12. When trying to start it in January I got a small game update and now I get this too. I tried to revert my nvidia drivers to the old ones I had before Christmas - didn't help. I also tried to reinstall the game - didn't help.

I start the game, the resolution of the minor change, screen turns black, then I see desktop again and I can see DST icon in the taskbar and hear the title music, but I cannot actually see the game. Clicking the icon in the task bar or tabbing through the Windows does not show DST again. If I close the DST application the Windows resolution reverts to the usual setting.

I then tried to edit client.ini by changing fullscreen = true to fullscreen = false. Now the game can start.

client_log.txt 15.03 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the issue still occurs after trying your solution.  

Share this comment