Don't starve will not open on iMac - solved

superpants84
  • Closed

For anyone else getting this error - I had to go into security settings and provide an exception for the app to open under the security heading. 

I get the following error: "“dontstarve_steam” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin." Mac does seem to be able to complete 'Verification of files' after this is opened for the first time after re-installing (this is different from the steam file verification). 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, reset the computer. I have verified the game files using steam several times in between these installs. I have removed all DLC. I do not have any mods installed. 

All hardware is far above spec level: macOS Ventura, 3.4GHz Quad-Core intel core i5, Radeon Pro 570 4 GB, 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4.

I am wondering if it is the new operating system which is the issue here as this was the last major change between last playing it and trying to today. 

Steps to Reproduce

Don't starve together is working. I don't seem to be able to find the bug tracker thread for don't starve. 

client_log.txt

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.