Don't Starve Together stops responding on startup

Symmpho
  • Closed

I really don't know what to say, other than as soon as I hit play on steam, the game loads up to a small window, I don't even get to the supposed logo screen and everything stays black until instantly the game stops responding and closes immediately. My friend just bought the game for me so all the problems that say its due to mods don't make any sense because I haven't gotten any mods. I can't get into the game so any in-game trouble shooting wont work. I've already tried these things
-- Validating / Verifying the game files
-- Updating graphics drivers
-- Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
-- Running as administrator
-- Turning off any firewalls I may have
-- Checking if the game is somehow running in the background (Impossible because steam says it's not, checked anyways)
Since the game wont start, not even to the logo screen or anything, I don't even know how to fix this problem nor can I begin even figuring out the game files to find logs and such, so if explaining how to find the logs or anything I'd appreciate the help with that too seeming as I've never played this game before nor have I ever played any don't starve game prior. I also don't have a .mdmp, oddly enough.

Steps to Reproduce

-- Launch the game on steam

-- Crashes instantly regardless of the game being brand new.

User Feedback

@Symmpho Hello thank you for trying out the game! I see you are on an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card. We have had some issues with AMD's graphics optimizations in the past. Could you try turning those off for your card for Don't Starve Together? We have a helper article at https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411901338004-DST-is-Crashing-When-Playing-with-an-AMD-Radeon-Graphics-Card to assist with this.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

@Symmpho Hello thank you for trying out the game! I see you are on an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card. We have had some issues with AMD's graphics optimizations in the past. Could you try turning those off for your card for Don't Starve Together? We have a helper article at https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411901338004-DST-is-Crashing-When-Playing-with-an-AMD-Radeon-Graphics-Card to assist with this.

Thanks a lot! I had already tried this but I guess I missed a few options! Close call but thanks for your attention I really appreciate it. Thought I would never get to play after hours.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment