Deerclops permasleep bug

Serma
  • Pending

Me and my friend were playing duo Don't Starve Together and since the release in 2014 we have never experienced this bug even though we have experienced many others, especially in the beta days. Basically what happened was that we were putting Deerclops to sleep overnight so he doesn't destroy the base. After we put him to sleep the 2nd time, he didn't wake up even from damage and we just killed him without any struggle.

Steps to Reproduce

I don't really have the perfect recreation as I haven't tried to do that yet but I will try to recreate this bug next winter and I will eventually try to get some footage. This bug happened when:

• I used pan flute, deerclops fell asleep
  • He woke up, my friend used a sleep dart on him immediately(he doesn't go to sleep because he needs more than 1), I use my pan flute during the time of his hit and my friend shoots a fire dart at him at the same time
  • Deerclops fell asleep for the rest of the night and in the morning my friend shot another fire dart, confirming that he will not wake up thus making him an easy kill with spears

I assume this could have happened because fire dart was used at the same time with pan flute, probably confusing the system as Deerclops should have immediately woken up. I don't know if the timing with his hit meant something but we will try to recreate with different scenarios.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.